HEIBI products: trendsetting design combined with decades of tradition
Our success story began in 1934 as a locksmith's shop founded by Heinrich Birmann Senior. Today, as a third-generation family business, we are the technology leader for high-quality stainless steel, steel and aluminum products for the home and garden. These include, for example, mailboxes, outdoor lights, outdoor kitchen modules, fireplace accessories and garden accessories.
The courage to always dare something new without forgetting the long-standing company tradition is one of our secrets of success. The following characteristics have remained with us:
- All products from our company are "Made in Germany". They convince through the successful combination of form, function and aesthetics. Because in addition to the proven, timeless classic collection, we are constantly driving forward the design and development of our modern stainless steel lines.
- Another secret of our success is our enormous flexibility. We can fulfill almost any customer request because state-of-the-art manufacturing techniques allow us to work like a manufactory if necessary and to meet very individual wishes.
- High quality and durability are further attributes of our products - from the small exclusive series to large-scale production for all retail and private brands. And longevity in the sense of our company also means: a comprehensive warranty and spare parts service. Because we grant up to 10 years warranty on our products and assure the delivery of original spare parts for decades.
Sustainability at HEIBI
As a company, we see it as our responsibility to make a contribution to environmental protection. This is what we do for it:
- We want to offer you products that last a long time. But when your HEIBI product has had its day, it can be recycled infinitely often thanks to the main components steel, stainless steel and aluminum. Even during production, we collect sorted sheet metal waste and feed it to the steel mills as raw material via a specialist disposal company.
- We also ensure strict waste separation for the remaining waste. Recyclable materials such as paper and plastic are separated from residual waste and fed into the recycling loop. The wooden pallets on which the sheet metal is delivered are collected and made available for the generation of renewable heating energy.
- Our coated products are mostly powder coated. No solvents are required in this process. So there are no emissions from solvent vapors, as with the wet paint process. The processing is absolutely harmless to the health of the employees. The workplaces are equipped with modern extraction systems and filter technology.
- The water required for degreasing the products is completely treated and reused. For this purpose, we use an evaporator system that distills the impurities from the water and directs them into a disposal tank. This concentrate is disposed of in small quantities by a specialized company. The purified water is collected in a tank and made available to the plants as "fresh water". This means that there is no wastewater that is discharged into the public sewer system.
- We produce a good 20% of our electricity consumption with two of our own photovoltaic systems with a total connected load of 380kW for our own consumption. So our machines run on self-generated renewable energy when the sun is shining. On weekends, we feed the surplus electricity into the public grid.
- We use the waste heat from our compressor units to heat the hot water for our washrooms. In this way, we do not need electrical energy or gas to heat the water, as the compressors are necessary for operation and the waste heat is a "waste product", so to speak.